EPLAN convert project to lower version ?

обсуждение прочих программных продуктов:
Тools, Elcad, Eplan, ...
djcatalyst

EPLAN convert project to lower version ?

Post by djcatalyst » Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:31 pm

Hello Guys,

Please let me know, is it posible to downgrade the project that created on higher version to lower one ?
I have made a project in v2.7 and I need to open it in 2.4 it refuse to open and gived an error (asking to contact EPLAN local support)

Please guys, any ideas ?

thank you

peewee

Re: EPLAN convert project to lower version ?

Post by peewee » Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:03 pm

djcatalyst wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:31 pm
Hello Guys,

Please let me know, is it posible to downgrade the project that created on higher version to lower one ?
I have made a project in v2.7 and I need to open it in 2.4 it refuse to open and gived an error (asking to contact EPLAN local support)

Please guys, any ideas ?

thank you
in normal cases, this is not possible3

but you can do it in a different way, provided that you do not use the pools available only in the higher version - by copying pages from new to old

djcatalyst

Post by djcatalyst » Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 pm

Thank you peewee,
but I still have some dificulty with understanding,
How can I copy pages from New to Old ver. when I can't open the project on the Old version ?
Also, there's no option to keep the project with ver. 2.4 when opening it with 2.7, the software tell's that thisis the only condition to open the project is to upgrade it tu current version.

Can you please explain more in details how it posible to do it by copying pages ?

Thank you !

peewee

Post by peewee » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:38 am

djcatalyst wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:11 pm
Thank you peewee,
but I still have some dificulty with understanding,
How can I copy pages from New to Old ver. when I can't open the project on the Old version ?
Also, there's no option to keep the project with ver. 2.4 when opening it with 2.7, the software tell's that thisis the only condition to open the project is to upgrade it tu current version.

Can you please explain more in details how it posible to do it by copying pages ?

Thank you !
eplan do not have backward compatibility - it means that you can of course open an older project by upgrade to new version but you can not save the project in the older version

if you want to convert to a lower version then you must be able to open project (new version of eplan) and target project (old version of eplan)
then you can copy pages from new Version of eplan and copy it to old version of eplan

or send someone who will do this for you