RS Logix 500: Fatal Error! The copy protection license [...]

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
MrLeszo

RS Logix 500: Fatal Error! The copy protection license [...]

Post by MrLeszo » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:38 pm

Hello All.
According to another great topics about licensing Rockwell Software, I wold like to improove a discusion about the problems occured on this procedure.

When I was trying to modify my LICs i broke an RSLogix500 instalation on my computer. After demo time period was finished, I modify my LIC and computer date (LIC comes from another station so it had a different host number) and then I blocked RSLogix500 (only). I spent a lot of time to repair this (reinstal RSLogix, FTActivation Manager, Reset keys, rehost, get new) and then I modify my license to Golden, regarding this forum. It was OK for RSLogix 5000, but in case of RSL500 there is still a message: Error! The copy protection license for the application could not be acquired. Error:2.

I cant find any solution how to repair this. Knowledgebase of Rockwell seys:
Fatal Error! The copy protection license for the application could not be acquired. Error:2
Problem: FactoryTalk Activations are present and appear in the "Current Activations" Tab of FactoryTalk Activation Tool, however software will not start.
Cause:The Host ID of the file is not the same as on the computer or the network card used as the Host ID, has been disabled.
Verify: Checked the Host ID within the "Rehost Activations" Tab of the license file with those found in the "Get Activations" Tab under "Use Host ID of this computer" or if a
Dongle is being used "Use Host ID of a Dongle".
Confirm in "Network Connections" that the relevent LAN and WLAN cards are enabled.
Cure: The Hostiles are the same, Network Card(s) are enabled, and the Dongle drivers are properly install and the "Flex ID of the Dongle is being read.
Prevention: If you intend on disabling network cards, Rehost the activation to the Host ID of the Hard Disk when downloading the license file. The Host ID of the Hard Disk has
a prefix "DISK_SERIAL_NUM_= ". Also do not delete or remove HASP4 drivers that power the Dongle.
I've done what they asked for: I cannot rehost Golden license, but for Logix500 is OK. IN LIC there is host ID "ANY", so in rehost there is n/a. I cannot get new, because...

I have no idea how to start up this softwere without reinstal windows. If somebody had this problem and solved it, please publicate the solution. I think it is very popular thing (i've seen it on many forums but with only solution: "contact RA":))

In advise: I deleted also a keys in win registry and all folders of RSL500, application datas, etc..

peterg70

Re: RS Logix 500: Fatal Error! The copy protection license [

Post by peterg70 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:15 pm

firstly

If you are using the factory talk activation manager method then go into the manager and select the last tab across the top and then select the logfile option.

It will open a text file.
PM me the contents of the text file.
Also send me the .LIC file you are using as well.

You may find that the golden license (i assume rsi.master) may not work anymore in all products.
Best to use the individual licenses instead.

Add the rs500 license to the .lic file and see what it does.

peterg70

Post by peterg70 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:41 pm

For reference of other readers there was no issue with the installation.

The security DLL was not patched and therefore this error was raised.
Ensure that the security DLL is patched correctly if you receive this error.

MrLeszo

Post by MrLeszo » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:00 pm

thats correct.

I didn't modify a dll as it chould be modyfied in v8.40:
RS Logix 500 v8.40 - address to modify is FBD19
RS Logix 500 v8.30.01 - address to modify D5B2B

Sometimes is 34 08 or 34 02
Thanks to peterg70!

dariusincj

Post by dariusincj » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:32 pm

I've got the problem that i dont have FTA 3.6 and to activate my RSLogix 500 i need an EVMOVE file. Does anyone know what patch i need to do to RSLogix to get it to activate?