[?]: Problem on installation of Softlogix V19

zjjunior

[?]: Problem on installation of Softlogix V19

Post by zjjunior » Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 pm

Guys, I've a problem with the installation of Softlogix v19.
When I try to install, the installer give me a severe error, that says I must have RSLinx Version 2.56 or above, and after that the installation is aborted.
I've installed RSLinx Version 2.57 and I've already tried version 2.58 and 2.56 and the error stays present. I've downloaded softlogix from here: viewtopic.php?f=41&t=15703&hilit=softlogix+v19
Does someone know anything about this error?
Thanks in advance for generosity!

Kirillij

Re: [?]: Problem on installation of Softlogix V19

Post by Kirillij » Wed Aug 08, 2012 9:55 am

Good afternoon.
Perhaps the problem is that this LITE version (on screenshot)of the RSLinx? possible that the installation (activation) is a PRO version will help.
It is also recommend:
1789-SG001F-EN-P Selection Guide:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.co ... _-en-p.pdf
1789-UM002F-EN-P User Manual:
http://literature.rockwellautomation.co ... _-en-p.pdf
(welc)

zjjunior

Post by zjjunior » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:32 pm

Thanks for the answer Kirilli, I've read this files above and I tried again with the lastest RSLinx (V2.59) installed in gateway mode, with according the manual should work, but it doesn't happen. Maybe the first installation of RSLinx on my PC is still in registry, so the softlogix can't recognize that I'm with the new version. But I'm not sure about this information.
Again, the screenshoot of the error...

Kirillij

Post by Kirillij » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:02 pm

Yes, RSLinx can not correctly install on top of an earlier version. Try to remove it. And reinstall. Certainly a system reboot.
As an alternativeinstall on a clean computer (where there was this company Software) - If the launched, then your software is good, but the problem in the computer.
Another option: Check the drop-down box, if there are any records of the other revision of the RSLinx? Maybe this is the way?
Good Luck.