[?]: Simatic ET 200S CPU

Utilites for Simatic Automation
jillgeorge18

[?]: Simatic ET 200S CPU

Post by jillgeorge18 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:19 am

Hello,what are the feasible conditions for selecting Simatic ET200S CPU??
In some article, I saw its better for stand alone systems..
here stand alone means redundant.
Isn't it??
Please explain it....thanks in advance... (fback) (fback)

bosandzeros

Re: [?]: Simatic ET 200S CPU

Post by bosandzeros » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:31 am

I believe that "stand alone" means not connected to other systems. Since you don't have DP (you need to buy additional module) or MPI on ET200S CPU can be considered not to be suitable for connection to the other systems.
You can use it if you don't need some special modules which doesn't exist for ET200S (I guess there are such), if processing speed and memory resources are satisfactory, and most important if someone (ie. customer (not_allow) ) is against its usage.

Best regards.

jillgeorge18

Re: [?]: Simatic ET 200S CPU

Post by jillgeorge18 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:49 pm

bosandzeros wrote:I believe that "stand alone" means not connected to other systems. Since you don't have DP (you need to buy additional module) or MPI on ET200S CPU can be considered not to be suitable for connection to the other systems.
You can use it if you don't need some special modules which doesn't exist for ET200S (I guess there are such), if processing speed and memory resources are satisfactory, and most important if someone (ie. customer (not_allow) ) is against its usage.

Best regards.
Thanks #bosandzeros, for your kind reply (thnx) ...But 6ES7 151-7FA20-0AB0 has the MPI+DP I/O and it can be used in hazardous situations also......Can you elaborate the term 'Special modules'..In this case we don't need safety module also......Thanks in advance.... (pm)