With being very new to the ABB stuff, I would like to start learning the 800xA. I've downloaded several of the training documents online - thanks, but would like to know if the simulator is part of the ABB 800xA software package or is this a seperate part.
Also what is the difference between softcontroller managment and a simulator.
Bascially I would like to build projects and test for my learning.
Thanks for any insight on this.
Minimum installation base: CLS License Service + 800xA Base.
But depend on controller vendor, industry, other specific needs it can vary in a wide range.
Specify at least the PLC vendor/model and industry you work for - I'll try to select an optimal installation package for your training needs.
After complete install get study T300 and T301 training courses (find links on forum).
These courses are assume the classroom is equipped with AC 800M hardware, however you can use SoftController software instead.
To download project to the SoftController you must configure Control Builder M project and settings as below:
1. Tools -> Setup -> Station -> Application Download: HWSimulationAllowed=true
2. Create a new project based on "AC 800M" template.
3. Right-click Controller->Properties and select "Simulate Hardware" checkbox.
PidLoop block you can find in the ControlBasicLib. If you prefer to write code based on control modules - see PidCC in the ControlStandardLib.
Thanks - this was the guidence I was looking for. Can you clairify what I need for the software. This part I don't have and need to get and install.
I only have XP Pro 32bit and one machine. Will this work?
Thanks again for your help on this.
Check "3rd_Party_SW" folder on 800xA DVD. If you choose an automated installation all necessary prerequisites will be requested. Some of them you can install from automated installation window.
------- Minimum required--------
1. ABB Central Licensing System (Client + Server)
2. 800xA Base (+ all updates)
3. SFC Viewer
4. OPC Server for AC 800M
5. AC800M Connect
6. Control Builder M Professional
7. Base Software for SoftControl
------ also recommended --------
8. Engineering Studio // let you work in BDM and Function Designer
9. Process Graphics 2 // software to build operator displays
10. 800xA Instructions // documentation pack
And the software such as MS Office never included in 800xA installation packages.
But MS Office is not mandatory unless you are planning to work in BDM or DataDirect.
Do 1 then 3, but before prepare "Windows XP" installtion disc - it will be requested at Windows configuration stage.
Ran into couple of problems which I'm sure that you'll be able to help me out with.
Please let me know if what I have done so far is correct? My goal is a signal node that has eng and oper work station, with the softcontroller for learning.
1) started with System Planner
2) The next page is the Licence which I don't have?? is this the part I need to install the bypass licence to select it? For this I just pressed Next.
3) I selected the third option "Plan a Single Engineering Node". Or is this wrong - also needed to select the Aspect Server
4) AC 800M Connectivity - only, nothing else.
5) Selected Device Management Profibus and Hart - PlUS - Device Management Foundation Fieldbus.
6) Nothing for Batch, Information or Asset options.
7) Standard Engineering Tools
Nothing for Domain - Only checked "use a workgroup"
9) Multisystem Integration - greyed out.
10) Then is says in a box -> The following system PCs will be set up:
11) Then it creates a graphical view with only one Single Eng Node.
This is the System Planner output
SystemDescription ABB Test System
ABB Central Licensing System Server & Client
ABB 800xA Base
ABB 800xA Base SP2
ABB Central Licensing System Extension
ABB SoftPoint Server
ABB Inform IT - Application Scheduler
ABB Inform IT - DataDirect
ABB OPC Server for AC 800M
ABB AC 800M Connect
ABB Control Builder M Professional
ABB PC, Network and Software Monitoring Server
Customized MSSQL 2000 Desktop Engine
ABB Engineering Studio
ABB Engineering Studio SP2
ABB FDT Shared Components
ABB FDT Base Container
ABB Fieldbus Builder Profibus-HART with OPC Server
ABB Profibus Device Integration Library
ABB Basic Profibus DTM Builder
ABB Basic HART DTM Builder
ABB HART Device Integration Library
ABB S800 IO DTM
ABB DTM S900-DP
ABB FF OPC Server
ABB Diagnostics Collection Tool
ABB 800xA Instructions - AS and Engineering clients
SFC Viewer SP2
ABB Device Library Wizard - Client
ABB Device Library Wizard - Server
System Checker Tool
and select the system plan I just created. it gives me all types of errors;