[?]: ABB 800xA (PLC Connect) Modbus TCP Server

другие контроллеры
Java_user

[?]: ABB 800xA (PLC Connect) Modbus TCP Server

Post by Java_user » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:15 pm

Hello,

I need to configure PLC Connect (System 800xA) acting as a Modbus TCP Server/Slave.
I can configure it as a Modbus TCP/IP Client/Master.
A third party has to connect to my system and get some data using Modbus TCP and I don't know how to configure it.

Thank you in advance.

Linkinx64

Re: [?]: ABB 800xA (PLC Connect) Modbus TCP Server

Post by Linkinx64 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:20 am

Hello,

Modbus trough PLC Connect connected with MB/TCPIP bridge device can act only as a master.

Java_user

Post by Java_user » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:28 am

Thank you very much Linkinx64.

And there is any option with 800xA to act as a Modbus TCP slave/server? Please, no PLC Connect, no CI867 and no OPC third party. Could system 800xA be configured to act as Modbus TCP slave/server directly?

Thank you.

Linkinx64

Post by Linkinx64 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:41 pm

No, without third-parties it is not possible to make SCADA/DCS acts as a Modbus slave. Due to Modbus protocol specifics.
Also, what's a data PLC need query from SCADA/DCS? Usually SCADA/DCS query PLC for a process values, not vise versa...

Java_user

Post by Java_user » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:48 pm

Sorry, I think I have not explian very well. We are a part of the system and not the DCS. The DCS has to connect to us to get the data. Because of this, we have to be Modbus TCP Slave/Server and the DCS the client/Master.

Forget PLC Connect, is there any possiblity? And using OPC Client Connection? We also need an OPC Modbus TCP Server?

Thank you.

Linkinx64

Post by Linkinx64 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:36 am

Java_user wrote:And there is any option with 800xA to act as a Modbus TCP slave/server?
Java_user wrote:We are a part of the system and not the DCS. The DCS has to connect to us to get the data. Because of this, we have to be Modbus TCP Slave/Server and the DCS the client/Master.
If we not DCS then who "we" are? Under DCS I assumed 800xA system. What kind of data? Why Modbus? There are another interfaces that can get data from the 800xA, ODA for example. Give more detail about your system configuration, incl. hardrware. It's hard to know how to establish connection with black boxes:
Java_user wrote:We are a part of the system and not the DCS.

ciscoccna

Post by ciscoccna » Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:48 pm

Java_user wrote:Sorry, I think I have not explian very well. We are a part of the system and not the DCS. The DCS has to connect to us to get the data. Because of this, we have to be Modbus TCP Slave/Server and the DCS the client/Master.

Forget PLC Connect, is there any possiblity? And using OPC Client Connection? We also need an OPC Modbus TCP Server?

Thank you.
800xA have built in OPC, the other DCS system can read the date from 800xA via OPC.
the modbus TCP is not really needed.