800xA: How edit BMI Library

другие контроллеры
rodomb

800xA: How edit BMI Library

Post by rodomb » Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:22 am

Hi,
Because I am starting my adventure with ABB 800xA I would like to ask about editing library.
I installed BMI library and I would like to edit this library. For example what is possibility to edit AIC control module?
AIC faceplate has faceplate elements which are in BMIStandardExt_VB_FPL 1.5-11 Extesnsion Library.
How can I redefine Limts1 and Limits2 elements???

Thanks for help.
Roman

Linkinx64

Re: 800xA: How edit BMI Library

Post by Linkinx64 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:42 am

Hi

One of the way to modify an existing aspect:
1. Copy faceplate element aspect (for example, Limits1) and paste it to the same object (copied aspect will be named "Copy of Limits1").
2. Right-click on "Copy of Limits1" and select "Edit". Modify aspect according to you requirements using Visual Basic 6 editor, deploy it and save.
3. Right-click "Faceplate" aspect and select "Config View". Click "Element" tab, find "Limits1 - Faceplate Element" in the aspect column, change it to "Copy of Limits1 - Faceplate Element".

Note: modified aspect is valid only for the existing system. If you create a new system and load BMI system extension again all the changes you're done with BMI aspects will be lost. Therefore you should save all the modified aspects using "Import Export tool" before you do so.

regards

rodomb

Re: 800xA: How edit BMI Library

Post by rodomb » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:09 am

Thank You, now I can learn this system more deeply :)

Regards