AC800M Controllers are not functioning in Redundant Mode

другие контроллеры
Abelky98

AC800M Controllers are not functioning in Redundant Mode

Post by Abelky98 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:10 am

Hello Linkinx64,

Two of our AC 800M Controllers used for our safety system are not functioning in redundant hot-standby mode. They following are the present situation:

1. We changed the RCU cable and now one controller is primary and the other is standby. i.e PRIM is ON and DUAL is ON on one, while on other controller PRIM is OFF and DUAL is ON. Yet OPC cannot communicate with the two controllers on 192.168.13.12
2. IP Addressing is as follows: One Each of the Controllers CN1 = 192.168.13.12, CN2 = 192.168.14.12
3. I cannot go online through Control Builder and I receive a message that there is no communication with controllers. But I can ping 192.168.13.12.
4. When I shut down either of the controller, my OPC communicates with the controller that is ON and I can go online. But when I power ON the second controller, OPC loses communication with controller and I cannot go online through control builder.
5. We are using the 800xA version 4.1 and our Controller is PM865 with SM module

Please, kindly advise on what to do to resolve this issue.

Best Wishes,

Abelky98

Linkinx64

Re: AC800M Controllers are not functioning in Redundant Mode

Post by Linkinx64 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:52 am

Did you tried to do some basic maintenance for such issue? Such as:
1. Restore factory settings using IP-config tool and assing same IP addresses again.
2. Use RNRP fault tracer utility.
3. Perform another troubleshooting using dedicated workshop.

I don't know exactly why it does... seems to be a wrong settings in RNRP network.
It also may be backup CPU has been assigned by the same MAC address as a primary CPU when swapping happend (MAC-addresses are swapped between primary and backup CPU when take-over occurs to maintain the system identity in the control network).

I've never met any similar problem and seldom work with AC 800M HI.
Can advise you to ask this question in the ABB knowledge base: http://www402.abbext.com/

Linkinx64

Post by Linkinx64 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:20 am

Did you solve this problem?

Abelky98

Post by Abelky98 » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:14 pm

Hello Linkinx64,

Sorry for not giving you feedback. I have been engulfed in some other work activities. I tried option number 1. and I discovered one the Controllers was occasionally going into fault (Fault indicator blinking Red occasionally). I also discovered that if I fail over to this same controller I lose OPC connectivity, but if I fail over the other controller OPC connectivity stays. So, I decided to change the Controller. The site being a remote location, I have planned to go back in week's time to replace the controller.

Please, kindly show me the step to do option 2 ( 2.Use RNRP fault tracer utility)in your recommendation. I used an installation on Virtual Machine but I could not find this RNRP utility.

I will let you know how it goes when I go back.

Thank you so very much for your support.

Abelky98

Linkinx64

Post by Linkinx64 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:40 am

RNRP fault tracer: "All Programs -> ABB Industrial IT 800xA -> System -> Network -> RNRP Utility".
But as you say
Abelky98 wrote:I discovered one the Controllers was occasionally going into fault (Fault indicator blinking Red occasionally). I also discovered that if I fail over to this same controller I lose OPC connectivity
...that means the RNRP state probably is good. Ok, try it anyway.

regards, Linkinx64

Abelky98

Post by Abelky98 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:50 am

Hello Linkinx64,

I replaced the controller which was going into fault. I also upgraded its firmware and downloaded application into it. After some time I discovered that CN1 of both Primary and Backup Controllers are active (Rx and Tx indicators flashing yellow at same time), which should not be. Immediately this happens, OPC will disconnect. My thinking is that there is IP Address conflict between the Primary and Backup Controller. When I remove the network connection from CN1 of the Backup controller, OPC connects again after say, 30 seconds. I have run out of ideas on what next to do to resolve this issue. Flashing RED is no more there on any of the controllers. I appreciate anybody who can provide me solution. I have also posted this on ABB Knowledge base.

Best Wishes,

Abelky98

Abelky98

Post by Abelky98 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:02 am

Hello Linkinx64,

I have resolved the issue. I updated the firmware of the new controller to High Integrity version. I did that through the control builder. Then I checked the backup controller and discovered that it had wrong IP Address causing conflict. I changed it following Steps in T308 Student manual. Afterwards I downloaded the project. Now the two controllers are functioning in redundant mode.

THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Abelky98

Linkinx64

Post by Linkinx64 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:30 am

:) Glad to hear that student trainings were useful...

And here is the T308 training course, specially for the 800xA SV4.1, but in French language and without last chapter:
http://www.4shared.com/zip/EXXpcIZX/t30 ... ntena.html