[?]: What is the difference between S7-200 CN and EU/US Plcs

Questions about Siemens & Analog Siemens hardware.
Software & hardware exchanger
verticale128

[?]: What is the difference between S7-200 CN and EU/US Plcs

Post by verticale128 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:45 pm

Good morning. I was looking for a good offer for a 224XP plc on Ebay,
and I found a pair of resellers who sells Siemens 200 plcs with the label "S7-2xx CN", with "CN" meaning "made in China and for chinese market".
It seems that this plcs are exactly identical to the ones sold in Europe or in U.S., but for commercial reasons are sold (at a lower price) only in China.

Looking around the web I found sombody that has tested this kind of plcs, and the main problem is that programs can be uploaded on the plc with Microwin only if the software language is changed to Chinese; anyway, the program can be written in any language one wants, only the Microwin language must be switched to Chinese to upload the program on the plc (this is what is written on 2-3 forums).
I want to ask you if anybody has any experience with these Chinese products, if they can really be programmed with standard Microwin, and if there could be any problem of reliability with them.
Thank you in advance.

Umencho

Re: [?]: What is the difference between S7-200 CN and EU/US

Post by Umencho » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Hello,

Yes, the CN are made for Chinese market. And basically could be programmed with standard Microwin software. Take a look at http://www.automation.siemens.com/WW/fo ... anguage=en

BR,
Umencho

verticale128

Post by verticale128 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:44 pm

Thank you, Umencho!
The only thing I've not understood is if, when you go online with your plc with the program uploaded (plc in "term" mode), there is the possibility to debug the program with Microwin in the language of your country; because, obviously, it would be quite difficult to debug a program with Microwin in chinese!! :shock: :shock:
Anybody else has ever tried to work with this kind of plcs??

CoMod
Site Admin

Post by CoMod » Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:54 pm

http://www.plcforum.uz.ua/viewtopic.php ... icroWin+CN
Upload to chinese version of S7-200CN
1. Select Chinese langauge and close MicroWin
2. Folder Bin: Copy english resource file ResB.dll to ResK.dll (Replace chinese resource file resk.dll)
Для загрузки-выгрузки програмного кода в контроллеры с суффиксом "CN"(китай) выставляем язык китайский,если не устраивают знаки вопроса???? переименовываем файл русификации ResB.dll в resk.dll заменяем аналогичный в папке Bin.

verticale128

Post by verticale128 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:12 am

Thank you very much!
So there shouldn't be any great problem in dealing with these chinese plcs, after replacing the chinese language file in Microwin!
I hope there isn't any other trick to know. And that these plcs work fine as an european or american one!
Thank you all again.