[?]: Step7 + WebStudio : Is it possible?

Прочие SCADA: iFix, InTouch, Citect, ...
mmanu

[?]: Step7 + WebStudio : Is it possible?

Post by mmanu » Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:53 pm

Hi friends,
Can I use WebStudio 6.0 instead Wincc as a supervisor? What I need to do to make WebStudio ( Indusoft ) to comunicate with Step7 v 5.3?

Tks!

indian

Post by indian » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:21 pm

Yes, you can.

I have answered on similar topic but in Russian, so I translate it.

After installing PRODAVE …

On “Workspace” you should choose “COMM” bar, then right-click on “Drivers”, after that left-click “Add/Remove drivers”, and finally choose needed drivers – AS511 for S5 PLC or MPI for S7 PLC (for S5 PRODAVE don’t needed). In folders tree appears a folder with the same name as chosen driver has. Right-click on it. From opened menu first of all you should choose “Help” and make hard copy of this Adobe document for future use. Also you should find in folder “DRV” of IWS directory file named as chosen driver and make hard copy of this document too. This is a report about driver application on test system. So having all needed information you can click on “Insert”. A template appears – you should fill it as described in printed before documents.

For your convenience I should make some notes:
1. Do not scrimp tags for communication status storing, this very important information for debugging. In runtime mode you can see value of status in DataBase Spy and by error number quickly fix it. Driver description has only rough or IWS-specific errors codes, so to recognizing you should use PRODAVE errors description too. Attention! IWS has errors codes in DEC but PRODAVE has errors codes in HEX.
2. Each Driver Sheet must have only one type of data. So you should have different DB for storing different type of data for communicating (for example ProFace make it a rule for those HMI).

mmanu

MPI? I1m using TCP...

Post by mmanu » Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:44 pm

Ok Indian,

but I'm using a TCP connection tcp between plc and wincc . What is PRODAVE?

Ths any more help!

indian

Post by indian » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:15 pm

Prodave is “Toolbox for WINDOWS Applications for a Data Link of PGs/PCs to SIMATIC S7 via MPI Interface and PC/MPI Cable”. So, IWS’s MPI driver and Prodave are working together. This is a simplest way for S7 data sharing.

If you going use TCP connection you have to choose SIETH driver.
Note: In TCP network may be a lot of S7 PLCs. In this case, if you want establish a link with each of them, you should copy files of driver from DRV folder to another place, rename it and place back. In other words you should make unique set of driver’s files for each PLC. For example like follow -
SIETH.dll, SIETH.ini, SIETH.msg for first PLC
SIETH_2.dll, SIETH_2.ini, SIETH_2.msg for second PLC
SIETH_3.dll, SIETH_3.ini, SIETH_3.msg for third PLC
and so on…

In my poor opinion, IWS better suits for Simatics then WinCC. So, you can’t use WinCC and Step7 over MPI interface together, but IWS and Step7 work together fine. IWS has much more powerful devices datas handling, but data exchange speed is near equal (I have tested it - 0.25s WinCC vs 0.35s IWS).

mmanu

Prodave or ACCON-AGLink?

Post by mmanu » Tue Sep 05, 2006 11:31 am

Tanks Indian,

there is a lot of possibilities to consider and learn! I'll study this question better. If you have any material that can help-me...

Nice your help!

indian

Post by indian » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:51 pm

I fund a interesting link about IWS + Siemens

http://www.open-platform-program.com/So ... elease.asp

INDUSOFT IS FIRST TO PASS CERTIFICATION ON SIEMENS OPEN PLATFORM

mmanu

Cool !!!

Post by mmanu » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:06 am

Really cool! It demonstrates that we are in the begin of the age of the open platform. Freedown to choice!