Extract Alarms from Zenon HMI Backup

Прочие SCADA: iFix, InTouch, Citect, ...
Hebeshe

Extract Alarms from Zenon HMI Backup

Post by Hebeshe » Thu Jul 16, 2020 9:21 pm

I have the PRJ backup file for krones HMI with zenon 7.2, I want to extract alarms and I want to extract Alarms and some tags , Is that possible??
If yes , what is the software required.

8) 8)

SHKODRAN

Re: Extract Alarms from Zenon HMI Backup

Post by SHKODRAN » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:40 pm

The prj backup of krones are compiled files, not the development project.
Krones distributes it for a possible recovery in case of data loss on hmi.

To restore these you may need:
1) Krones Explorer;
2) Zenon Supervisor 7.2 with unlimited tag license;
3) Good experience with zenOn development;
4) A lot of hard work to decrypt vba contains alarms data.

I hope I have helped you.

Hebeshe

Post by Hebeshe » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:46 pm

So grateful for your answer and help, thanks a lot

Melander

Post by Melander » Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:37 pm

If you just want the alarms and corresponding PLC tag in most cases it will show on the HMI
Exporting and importing Language files in txt format is normally also possible from Krones HMI, in some systems even edit the alarm text and help text directly at the HMI.
The prj files are a ZIP archive with (rename the file extension) and contains normally both the runtime and the editor files.
I have not yet "played" with the V7.2 versions but the 6.2 SP1 versions I have been able to open in a V6.2 editor in Demo mode after a lot of work.

SHKODRAN

Post by SHKODRAN » Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:54 am

Given your "experience" with zenOn, why don't you do it for him ?

Melander

Post by Melander » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:54 am

He asked what he needed to do it, not if someone could do it for him.

And your statement "The prj backup of krones are compiled files, not the development project" is incorrect. If you look at the Krones HMI when the backup prj file is being made, you can see exactly how the prj file is "put together" from project and runtime files and zipped into the prj file. It's really quite simple... the complicated business starts when you want to edit the Zenon project as some versions cannot easily be opened in the standard Zenon editor.

SHKODRAN

Post by SHKODRAN » Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:32 pm

Hi there!
I see that you are not very updated on this.
In version 6.2x, the vba management was totally clear, since no protection could be used.
Instead with the current versions, from 7.xx to the most recent 8.20, the vba are encrypted, so it requires a lot of work than you think.

The user has already had my answer, if you feel able to satisfy his request, continue the direct conversion with him.
I have closed.

Regards.

Melander

Post by Melander » Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:03 pm

I'm answering the post because I can provide an answer, and somebody else might find the information useful some day.
(I think its the purpose of the forum...)

The prj files are the same for 6.2 and 7.1 versions, rename them to zip and everyone can open and see.
Anyway the Zenon project and VBA is not important as it's possible to find the link between HMI alarm and PLC tag without even opening the Zenon editor using the method I described.

brunoribas

Post by brunoribas » Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:54 am

I need zenon 7.1 people, could someone put a download link? Thanks for the help!

awadallah_89

Post by awadallah_89 » Tue May 17, 2022 11:34 am

Melander wrote:
Sat Aug 01, 2020 10:37 pm
If you just want the alarms and corresponding PLC tag in most cases it will show on the HMI
Exporting and importing Language files in txt format is normally also possible from Krones HMI, in some systems even edit the alarm text and help text directly at the HMI.
The prj files are a ZIP archive with (rename the file extension) and contains normally both the runtime and the editor files.
I have not yet "played" with the V7.2 versions but the 6.2 SP1 versions I have been able to open in a V6.2 editor in Demo mode after a lot of work.
how?