[?]: PowerFlex700s Series A versus Series B

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
macedoethomas

[?]: PowerFlex700s Series A versus Series B

Post by macedoethomas » Fri Oct 18, 2013 4:05 pm

Dear all,
I would like to know if I can use powerflex700s drive series A in a place of series B and vice-versa.
Looking for some info I got that series A have a Standard and Vector Control Firmware 3.001 and Below
and Series B Firmware Versions 4.001 & Up.
Based on other drivers I would say that newer firmware versions could replace older firmware versions,
but I am not an expert on Rockwell so if someone does have some relevant info do add , I would be gratefull
for that.
Regards,
MTE

macedoethomas

Re: [?]: PowerFlex700s Series A versus Series B

Post by macedoethomas » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Well ,
It seems that nobody has any answer about it , but if someone find out I tip, clue or any information about it , please let me know.

neuhauser

Re: [?]: PowerFlex700s Series A versus Series B

Post by neuhauser » Sun Mar 20, 2016 4:40 am

You can use the A but the firmware isn't compatible- meaning you might have to re-enter the parameters. The B cartridge will work in the A and vice-versa but the drive will have to be reset to factory after the cartridge is changed. You'll also loose a lot of features with the A.

If it's a basic drive setup you shouldn't have any issues. There are differences in the I/O wiring between the rev A and B cartridges so check it because both use the same wiring connector. I think between the A and B there are 4 or 5 different types of cartridges with the B series only being sold now for both the A and B series drives.

If you're using encoders, comm cards, or special applications with positioning you might be out of luck.