How communicate two A-B, Control Logix, via ethernet.

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
melvinr27

How communicate two A-B, Control Logix, via ethernet.

Post by melvinr27 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:04 am

Hi friends, im workin in a veberage company, and one place control use a A-B control logix with Devicenet and ethernet communication, recently we got a new equipment with another control logix processor use an ethernet communication swicht that can communicate io mudules, the thing is that both equipment got connetion and need communicate, how can make communicate both... :?:

Moggasdog

Re: How communicate two A-B, Control Logix, via ethernet.

Post by Moggasdog » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:48 am

the best way to communicate between 2 logix processors is to add each processor as IO in the other PLC. So, you add the remote processor as a normal module to the ethernet connection. You can then use produced and consumed tags between them. You need to be aware the using produced and consumed tags through IT routers might upset the IT Manager as AB Ethernet cards use broadcast telegrams when using produced and consumed tags.

Another simpler method is the old fashioned MSG block - you must remember to program the MSG destination/source to include the port and a hop across the backplane to the processor.

Yasir Maqsood

Post by Yasir Maqsood » Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:31 am

For establish the communication between two ControlLogix Processors, You can use message instruction.
For MSG intruction you find help from AB Knowledge Bases.

melvinr27

Post by melvinr27 » Sat May 01, 2010 1:27 am

ok, i check that allready Moggasdog and yasir, but i got another doubt, i d try to connect between two 8 ports ethernet switch box of the controllers (each controller got a box switch) and i got no efect to communicate, i use a RJ45 direct cable, and connect switch to switch, its that correct or i need other configuration to stablish communucation and them obtain results. :!:
at your comments...