[Request] RSlogic for Window7

RSLinx, RSLogix, RSView, LogixPro ...
hoangnguyen1986

[Request] RSlogic for Window7

Post by hoangnguyen1986 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:59 am

I am using Window7 for my laptop so i can't install RSlogic that's provided in the website. So , please help me with the version that compatible for Windows7
Thanks so much!

D3V17

Re: [Request] RSlogic for Window7

Post by D3V17 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:41 am

RsLogix family of programs was just this year made to work on Vista x86 (32 Bit) it will be a while before it is made to work on Win7 (officially). Best bet is to use XP mode in Win 7 to run it or use Virtual PC or Vmware.

Peace.

Str3atWarrior

Post by Str3atWarrior » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:48 pm

I'd say the best thing to do is to keep a laptop with Windows XP Pro installed for PLC programming, way more stable then Vista/7 at the moment.

Str3atWarrior

Post by Str3atWarrior » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:12 am

Or you could install lilo (or grub, your choice) and do a dual boot, one partition with Windows 7 and another one with Windows XP.

You can resize partition with gparted live cd without loosing data.

Outlawownz

Post by Outlawownz » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:18 am

What problem are you having with installing the RSLogix family on Windows 7? I installed pretty much the entire RSLogix and FactoryTalk catalog on my Win7 64bit system and the only program that wouldn't install at all was the latest RSLinx Classic (2.55 and 2.56). The rest all installed and operated fine, although RSView ME has frequent intermittent issues due to some of its background services stopping responding. But it did that on XP too for me, just more frequent on Win7. RSLinx 2.54 will still install on Win7 but it wont be able to find any devices on the network. However, I've found that if you open your project on a WinXP system on the network, download your program to the PLC, save your project again (so that the processor location is saved) and then load it on the Win7 machine, it will then be able to find that particular processor as its location is in the project file. It just can't find it blindly. BootP has the same issue.