[?] Solutions for merging Siemens Online/Offline projects

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
Vorland

[?] Solutions for merging Siemens Online/Offline projects

Post by Vorland » Sat Dec 03, 2022 11:43 am

Hello.

Please help me to get the best solution. I tried to find solutions for merging Siemens Online/Offline projects, but not found good one.

I have PLC S7-400 with offline project in STEP7 v5.5 and S7-300 with offline project in TIA v17.
Online project in PLC S7-300 has some minor changes in two FB: some networks was changed. This changes are absent in offline project in TIA v17.
Also Online project in PLC S7-400 has some minor changes in one FB: some networks was added. This changes are absent in offline project in STEP7 v5.5.

How can I:
1) Upload actual values from DB in PLC S7-300/400 to offline projects in STEP7 v5.5 and TIA v17 (with keeping all comments in offline projects)?
2) Upload changed FB from PLC S7-300/400 to offline projects in STEP7 v5.5 and TIA v17 (with keeping all comments in offline projects and makes offline/online projects equals in compare)?

P.S. On RSLogix 5000 (Allen-Bradley PLC) merging minor changes in Online/Offline projects is very simple, but in Siemens software it's not understandable for me...

georg_demmler

Re: [?] Solutions for merging Siemens Online/Offline projects

Post by georg_demmler » Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:57 pm

Hello,

I try to explain - but I have a german version of TIA

In TIA mark your project - right mouse click and you find Compare. You can compare online / offline or offline / offline.
If you mark online / offline a window will open and the project will compare. The blocks which are different get a blue / red circle. You can click on this blocks and you find the different.
And you can modify your offline programm - but careful the project will always be different - this is TIA. It is the timestamp of the blocks.

The upload from your DBs in TIA is a little bit tricky - open a DB - there a some tabs. Click on snapshot and than click on copy snapshot to start values.

In a Step7 program I always make a separate program with a complete download from the plc. So you have the actual program / DB-values in your project-folder.

To compare programs in Step 7 - in the main window there is Extras - compare. Here you can also select online/offline oder Pfad1 / Pfad2.

I must stopp here because I have a german version and it is not more possible to explain something.