Password for S7-315F-2 DP

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
chandhaa

Password for S7-315F-2 DP

Post by chandhaa » Thu Aug 13, 2020 3:12 am

Dear All,
In one of my customer´s machine, there is a frequent problem with one of the Inverters (MM440). We need to replace it with a G120 Drive. I changed the hardware configuration and tried to download it.I am unable to download it to the CPU (S7-315F-2 DP) as it asks for the password for the Safety Program. The password or the original project is not available with me or the customer. The machine builder is no longer in business and there is no way to get the password. What is the best possible solution now. Is there any method by which the password for safety program can be retrieved or reset.

Thanks in advance.

Chandhaa

roberto_battistella

Re: Password for S7-315F-2 DP

Post by roberto_battistella » Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:02 am

Hello. if you want, try to send me the project file (archived) and let's see what can be done. roberto.battistella@tiscali.it

Guille

Re: Password for S7-315F-2 DP

Post by Guille » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:47 pm

If you have just modified the hardware configuration there is no need to download the safety program, except you have done some modification to it which this is not the case because you don't have the password.
Usually there are two passwords for a safety program, one is to modify or edit the program and the other one is to downoad the safety program.

If you have done only modification on the hardware configuration you have to download the programa as ussual or you can only download the system block (select the system config block and press Ctrl+ L ) and the download will start, when the download ask you for the safety password to download the safety program just press cancel and the program will be downloaded and no download of the safety program will be done but that is ok because you have not done any change on it.

As recomendation make a complete upload just to have a compete backup of your system prior to make any download and never download the safety program if you don't have the password (i mean if you have to download the uploaded program don't ever download the safety program if you don't have the password)

BR