S5 V7.23 on Windows 7 Virtual XP System

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
Ronny_Resistor

S5 V7.23 on Windows 7 Virtual XP System

Post by Ronny_Resistor » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:07 pm

Ok this may have been tried but I have to know. I am building a Siemens notebook and I am installing some of my older /newer software's on this I am trying to keep Siemens and Allen Bradley separate.

Anyway I installed the S5 software and have it running on Windows Virtual XP the interface windows doesn't respond correctly. If i say full screen I get a windows that is 4" tall by 6" wide and really small fonts, When I press ALT + Enter I get a window on the desk top and it does not change dimensions either. I can use the fonts to enlarge the window but all it does is magnify the window.

So I am now thinking I need to install FULL Windows XP on a multi boot system since i am not sure if this is video card related or Microsoft or Siemens has anyone else have this window sizing issues. I know that on my other Windows XP computer the screen is full size.

Dell Latitude E6400 Windows7.0 32 Bit, 4 Meg Ram

Wjm816

Re: S5 V7.23 on Windows 7 Virtual XP System

Post by Wjm816 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:45 pm

Step5 It is a DOS-based software. If it is a VM virtual machine, you can check the stretch in the virtual machine setting display to enable full screen