[?]: Using WinAC for S7 Logic Test

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
mazdak

[?]: Using WinAC for S7 Logic Test

Post by mazdak » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:37 pm

Dear All
I have a S7 Program created by CFC, and related WinCC Pages for HMI.
I want to test this program before download it to S7 PLC and link it to real process.
I was looking for a test tool that could make link between S7 logic and WinCC pages on PC.
Is it possible to use “WinAC” for this application? It seems that “WinAC” is a PC based automation system.
So all of control tasks like Logic and monitoring are integrated inside it and connection between logic and HMI pages is possible.
May I use it for my application or you have another solution?
Sincerely
Mazdak

Guille

Re: [?]: Using WinAC for S7 Logic Test

Post by Guille » Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:47 am

Hello mazdac,

WinAC is a softplc so you can use it to simulate logic and connect wincc to it to read data.
You can work with WinAC and WinCC running in the same pc for instance. You can download the program with simatic s7 software and go online and test. Also you can use WinCC to read plc data. WinAC its like an s7-300/s7-400 plc.

Another way to test some logic and see the data with an SCADA or with an OPC Server is using the S7 simulator and NetToPLcSim

http://nettoplcsim.sourceforge.net/

With this program you can read the plc data (simulated in the s7 simulator) with an SCADA app or with an OPC Server using it as a bridge.

I used it to do some projects using excel and opc server and works really well.

You must read the doc of NetToPlcSim to use with WinCC

http://nettoplcsim.sourceforge.net/doc.html

If you have problems reading data directly with wincc you can use an OPC server and read the plc data with it and after you can read the data in wincc from the opc server.

best regards and good luck!!!