[?]: Problem with s7-416-3dp all front led's start blinking

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
Amir2003

[?]: Problem with s7-416-3dp all front led's start blinking

Post by Amir2003 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:32 am

Since about 2 weeks ago
one of our cpu's crushed and all front led's start blinking
therefor we replaced it with new one and now another one failed! with same problem!
can any one help me why these problem happen for our system and give me more information to prevent these problem?!
thx

XMAS

Re: [?]: Problem with s7-4416-3dp all front led's start blin

Post by XMAS » Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:55 am

Hi!

Do the cpu's function normally after power is recycled. If yes, then there are the following possibilities:

1. The CPU run/stop switch may be faulty.
To verify this try putting the CPU to stop using the switch on the CPU. If all LEDs start blinking then it is a switch problem. (I have faced this atleast twice. It turned out that the switch had broken inside the casing!

2. The CPU has a firmware issue.
I have observed the same problem with CPUs with older firmware. Please update the firmware to the latest firmware and try.

Hope this helps!

sanruku

Re: [?]: Problem with s7-4416-3dp all front led's start blin

Post by sanruku » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:12 am

Amir2003 wrote:Since about 2 weeks ago
one of our cpu's crushed and all front led's start blinking
therefor we replaced it with new one and now another one failed! with same problem!
can any one help me why these problem happen for our system and give me more information to prevent these problem?!
thx
Hi

This looks like an electrical problem... Try to remove all the I/O connections from the cpu, and do a power cycle. What happens then?

I would think that there's a short-circuit somewhere in your IO, so as soon as this happens then the CPU goes crazy...

You should also check the diagnostics buffer!!!
A lot of information is usually found there... To view it, press CTRL+D when in Simatic Manager. Then try to give us an idea of what is happening in the PLC when it goes crazy...

HTH

FLETCHER

Re: [?]: Problem with s7-416-3dp all front led's start blink

Post by FLETCHER » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:23 pm

Is a problem in the CPU.
Probably you can not solve the problem dowloading the new hardware version, or the same version.
The equivalence is the blue screen in windows.

This is the answer from this question from siemens.

As I mentioned, the causes of deterioration of the CPU firmware are basically due to defects in the electrical installation itself of the plant.
It is generally recommended that all cabinets have the same mass and electric potential connected to the same land, or their different lands are connected together.
Otherwise, any potential difference between cabinets for the bus pass will cause an eddy current Profibus via Profibus mesh, which affect the CPU.
In addition, the Profibus cable is stripping at the entrance of each locker and leave the mesh has embraced the mass of the closet, so that any parasitic current drain to ground, not the device. This is especially critical in the event that you have variable frequency drives as DP slaves of the S7-400.

Annex A of the manual in detail this site has general recommendations for installation S7-300
http://support.automation.siemens.com/W ... s/13008499

In my case we change the plc.
With firmware update, the problem was repeated.