[?]: step7 communication with cp5711 under XP mode

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
artxen

[?]: step7 communication with cp5711 under XP mode

Post by artxen » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:20 am

Hello,
I have a problem with cp5711 communication. I use Simatic Manager V5.4 SP5 under Windows XP mode (under Win7).
Communication works well (I am able to upload program) until I start monitoring in VAT.
It starts well, but after prob. 20seconds communication completely fall down.
CP5711 status diodes goes blinking red and I have restart XP virtual machine to be able to communicate again.
I get an error message: "Connection setup(33:511) , System Error".
I can't find any solution for this problem.
I only found that with CP 1413 origin of problem can be that:
"CP 1413 occupies the memory area 000D 0000 to 000D FFFF (complete D segment) or 000E 0000 to 000E FFFF (complete E segment). Normally MPI boards also use address areas in the D segment (from 000D C000) meaning they interfere with communication with the CP 1413."
But I am not able to set (or I don't know how) memory area for CP 5711.
Thank you for any answers

sanruku

Re: step7 communication with cp5711 under XP mode

Post by sanruku » Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:12 pm

artxen wrote:Hello,
Welcome.
artxen wrote: I have a problem with cp5711 communication.
What drivers are you using? Try to download the latest drivers from
(sdoc) http://support.automation.siemens.com/W ... n/39722731
artxen wrote: I use Simatic Manager V5.4 SP5 under Windows XP mode (under Win7).
You are aware that this is a VERY bad idea, right?
Nobody (esp. Siemens) does not provide any support at all for running under whatever VM?
artxen wrote: Communication works well (I am able to upload program) until I start monitoring in VAT. It starts well, but after prob. 20seconds communication completely fall down.
When you debug the program, or when you press monitor in order to monitor variables, do you still get communication breakdown after 20 sec?
artxen wrote: CP5711 status diodes goes blinking red and I have restart XP virtual machine to be able to communicate again. I get an error message: "Connection setup(33:511) , System Error".
I can't find any solution for this problem.
I only found that with CP 1413 origin of problem can be that: "CP 1413 occupies the memory area 000D 0000 to 000D FFFF (complete D segment) or 000E 0000 to 000E FFFF (complete E segment). Normally MPI boards also use address areas in the D segment (from 000D C000) meaning they interfere with communication with the CP 1413."
But I am not able to set (or I don't know how) memory area for CP 5711.
Thank you for any answers
My proposal is to get Windows XP running normally, not inside a VM. Siemens software - esp. communication - is very picky about where it runs. Running under a VM gets a lot of things involved, e.g. "Is the problem lying in the host or the guest OS?", which in turn translates in: "Go Figure!".

glhf

Scarch

Re: [?]: step7 communication with cp5711 under XP mode

Post by Scarch » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:50 am

I disagree. With Vmware workstation it works perfectly under any kind of communication (CP, MPI, Profibus or Ethernet). In fact, I am only using virtual machines to run Siemens software, otherwise the system goes crazy with so big amount of useless services that are loaded during boot.
Basically, it is highly recommended to "isolate" as much as possible all Siemens software, they are not good with that, same than with the terrible Siemens drives. Vmware workstation is PERFECT to work with that without affecting the host.

sanruku

Re: [?]: step7 communication with cp5711 under XP mode

Post by sanruku » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:52 am

Although I agree with you Scarch, the fact remains that VMs are unsupported -officially- by Siemens.
Without getting into arguments about VMs, which I personally find really helpful for the reasons you mentioned as well as a lot more, (e.g. running old versions of PROTOOL & WINCC, if you know what I mean), he is still having comm problems with his step7... Which to me translates to: "Get rid of the VM first, and see if the problem remains"

Best regards