[?]: how to work with old Simatic S5 ?

SIMATIC S7-200/300/400, Step7, PCS7, CFC, SFC, PDM, PLCSIM,
SCL, Graph, SPS-VISU S5/S7, IBHsoftec, LOGO ...
BirkOFH

[?]: how to work with old Simatic S5 ?

Post by BirkOFH » Fri May 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Hello!
I came to the factory and was confronted with a S5 in one of the units.
Give where you can read about him. Here is a list of the main issues of concern at the moment:
1. As the controller is configured? By analogy with the S7 it is something like "HW config"?
2. Have the CP1430. How to pick a WinCC using Ind Ethernet? He has a Mac address? If so, how is it to know?

I would be glad of any assistance and advice
Russian wrote:Здравствуйте! Прошу с пониманием отнестись к проблеме.
Приехал на завод и столкнулся с чудом S5 на одном из агрегатов.
Подскажите где можно почитать про него. Вот основной перечень вопросов, которые волнуют на данный момент:
1. Как параметрируется контроллер? По аналогии с S7 у него есть что-то вроде "HW config"?
2. Стоит CP1430 кажется. Как к нему подцепить WinCC используя Ind Ethernet? У него есть Mac адрес? Если есть, то как его узнать?

Буду рад любой помощи и советам

Info
Faq & Info
Faq & Info

Post by Info » Thu May 14, 2009 3:01 am

Hello

For configurate your CP to talk with other device you need the SINEC NCM COM application in Step 5 software, and to connect with the CP use the same cable to connect with S5 (TTY).

In Step5 go to "Change"->"Others.." select your S5_COM directory (or where you install the SINEC NCM COM) and press Start.

When the app started, go to the menu "Edit"->"CP Init" you can see and change MAC address.

For documentation about IE (Industrial Ethernet) and Examples you can read the S5 SIMATIC NET page "Quick start Simatic Net CD":

Code: Select all

http://www.automation.siemens.com/net/quickstart012003/html_76/s5-beispiele/industrial-ethernet.htm

PD: Sorry for my bad english. :roll:

C'ya !!

BirkOFH

Post by BirkOFH » Fri May 15, 2009 7:29 am

Thank you, but i have new problem
I have CP143 and com 143 (library for him). I can connect, view online configuration but can't change anythink. Error wrong memory type EPROM/RAM. I have EPROM 32 kb and i don't know how fix it.

Umencho

Post by Umencho » Fri May 15, 2009 7:16 pm

Hello,

I read also your topic in Simatic(Russian). Isn't be possible to change this memory? Are you sure that this memery works properly? I have expirience with CP1430. And I use it without memory. Did you try to use it without this card. (Your CP is very old and I don't know if would be use without memory.) The new version supports this. For me the problem is only in memory. You already received necessary info how to proceed with this CP.

Best regards